I rank Minneapolis second on my list of “places I’d consider moving to” right behind New Orleans. Of course, that’s based on seeing it in the SUMMER. I’m not sure I’d be keen on its icy winters.
Scott and Festus were kind enough to put me up for a week and show me the sites of the town (thanks guys!). It’s a beautiful area with a bit of a granola/artist vibe and very tall men. At 6’2″ I usually tower over most other guys here in DC but in Minneapolis I was merely average. Must be all the area’s Scandinavian stock. In taking in the sights I hit a number of areas including:
- Went to another contender for the oldest gay bar in America.
- Saw the First Avenue nightclub where much of Prince’s Purple Rain was filmed.
- Hit a wedding reception.
- Minihaha Falls
- Spent a day at Hidden Beach.
- Toured much of downtown, especially Foshay Tower
- Took a trip to the Mall of America.
And yes, I did discover (and perhaps overuse) the Hispatmatic app during this segment of my trip;