Upbeat musings on the genesis of divinity.
Written by Citizen Fitz. All instruments, production, and photography by Citizen Fitz.
The Radio crackled from one side
A bunch of nonsense till its batteries died
But savage eyes were already wide
Cargo cult and legacy
Trinkets wash up from the sea
Shining with divinity
Cargo cult and all is well
Dance into that fiery spell
Linen suits can never quell
And now a temple has grown in the field
Inside is a shrine stands to the surreal
Before the Radio savages kneel
- Tempo: 135 bpm
- Vocals were a Sennheiser 421 MD thru an Apogee One.
- Written and recorded in Baton Rouge Louisiana and Memphis Tennesee.
- Synths used: Roland Jupiter 8 for comping, Synapse Dune and Camel Audio Alchemy for strings. GForce MiniMonsta for pad. Ableton Tension for bass.
- Drums were combination of Drumcore riffs, Albeton built in drums, Apple GargageBand kits and Native Instruments West Africa Set.
- Durning mixdown I accidentally left the snare muted. When I went back I decided it sounded much better without it so it’s my first pop song with no snare drum.